At Purpose Church Adults 50+ find significance in the second half of life as they discover how to finish life well! We are seeking to better understand God, His Word, and His work through study, service, and declaring God’s power to future generations.
Monthly luncheons are the second Wednesday of each month at 11:30am in H100 (except January & August). Each luncheon includes games, prizes, performances, a special message from Pastor Randy Gardner, and fellowship. Blood Pressure Screening is available prior to each luncheon. Cost: $6. Registration and payment are due in the office prior to the event.
Mission Trips & Vacations
Several trips are planned each year, both domestic and international, that put participants on the front lines of ministering the Good News of Jesus Christ. Take your skills, passions, and resources to the mission field and watch God use them like never before!
2018 Trips: Discover South Dakota (May 18-24), Discover Greece (Oct. 10-20), Gleanings for the Hungry (Nov 11-16)
Enjoy fellowship and quilting with other like-minded women. This class is for beginners and experienced quilters alike. Come get to know other crafty women and have fun with a favorite past-time while making quilts that will be used to warm those in need.
Knit and crochet shawls for those who have lost a loved one or are suffering from illness. Prayer shawls symbolize comfort, peace, and spiritual sustenance. New and experienced knitters welcomed! Second Wednesday of each month from 9:30–11:30 am in C203. Questions? Contact Mary Wallace: 909-908-6380
Life is meant to be lived in community. We have ongoing LifeGroups that meet here at Purpose Church, as well as in houses around the area. Our Life groups go through sermon-based series and participate in service opportunites outside of church together. Find a senior LifeGroup where you belong!
Rooted is a journey designed to deepen your connection with God, his church, and your purpose. In the course of 10 weeks, you will meet with a group of people to talk about what God has been revealing to you as you go through the week’s readings and experiences.
- A Time of Prayer—Join our Prayer Team every Sunday in the Prayer Room to bless those who are hurting physically and emotionally with prayer.
- Bereavement Team—Prepare luncheons after funerals to comfort those who’ve lost loved ones.
- Funeral Team—Assist families before, during and after funeral services by setting up floral arrangements, greeting & directing guests.
- Hospital Visitation—Visit church members while they are in the hospital. Encourage them with kind words while being a friendly face during their time of need.
- Set-Up, Serve, and Clean-Up—Help with set-up, serving, or clean-up for 50+ monthly Luncheons, Resource Days and other special events.
- V.I.P.S. (Volunteers in Pastoral Service)—Provide comfort to the home-bound by administer compassion, companionship, care, prayer, and communion to these “Blessed Ones”.